10. Translation quality standards common and accepted industry wide
9. XML standard for all development systems and file formats
8. Common keyboards, address forms, date formats, currencies, print formats and units used consistently across the world
7. Apps becoming platform independent
6. Electronic formats replacing print
5. Machines reading, hearing and verbalizing all languages flawlessly
4. Machines generating flawless translations in any language-pair, direction and combination
3. Bi-directional languages adopting the unidirectional left-to-right standard
2. Source text translating into exactly the same number of characters in all languages
1. Or, Esperanto (or English) adopted by the entire world!
How far down the list do you think we’ve reached?Please Share!