Here is a countdown for the top 10 events that need to happen before professional working in the translation and localization industry kick the bucket!
Top 10 Events Contributing to Lights-Out in the Translation and Localization Industry
10. Translation quality standards common and accepted industry wide
9. XML standard for all development systems and file formats
8. Common keyboards, address forms, date formats, currencies, print formats and units used consistently across the world
7. Apps becoming platform independent
6. Electronic formats replacing print
5. Machines reading, hearing and verbalizing all languages flawlessly
4. Machines generating flawless translations in any language-pair, direction and combination
3. Bi-directional languages adopting the unidirectional left-to-right standard
2. Source text translating into exactly the same number of characters in all languages
1. Or, Esperanto (or English) adopted by the entire world!
As you can see, it is a tall order for the industry to accomplish. This is why we can be comforted to know that the translation and localization industry and its stakeholders are here to stay for a long while.
This whitepaper presents applicable ten tips that will help you navigate through the requirements of your professional translation and localization needs and deliver quality messages that will resonate with your clients and users. Download it for free!